The Pilot International School on Nuclear and Radiological Leadership for Safety (herein called the Leadership School) is an IAEA initiative, supported by the EC, with the objective to develop the safety leadership potential of early to midcareer professionals.
In attending the Leadership School, it is expected that attendees will develop:
- an increased understanding of how to lead for safety in inherently complex nuclear and radiological environments, in both routine and emergency situations;
- ideas on how to effectively engage and constructively influence others on safety matters;
- an increased ability to apply leadership for safety concepts in their own frames of reference;
- an increased awareness of international standards and requirements in this area; and
- an international perspective and networking through the sharing of knowledge with peers and senior experts.
In support of the delivery of the Pilot Leadership School the week of 30 October 2017 at the Université Côte d’Azur (UCA) in Nice, France, the IAEA has developed this message board for students to post their thoughts, ideas, and feedback.