The objectives of the Peer Review and Advisory Service Committee (PRASC) are to assess the overall structure of all NS review (peer reviews and advisory) services, make recommendations for improvement, if required, and consider the best methods for monitoring the effectiveness and efficiency of the services for the application of the safety standards and security guidance. Please refer to
Terms of Reference
All existing and proposed Peer Review and Advisory Services for the application of the safety standards and security guidance by the NS Department.
- To review existing peer reviews and advisory services offered by the Department of Nuclear Safety and Security.
- To identify similarities and differences of the existing methodologies and processes of these services.
- To consider the different manner in which services could be offered to ensure maximum flexibility and efficiency for States and, to the extent possible, a consistent approach to the conduct of the services.
- To advise on and review the necessity of any proposed new types of peer review or advisory service or consolidation of existing ones.
- To explore possibility of having a harmonized set of performance indicators for all missions in order to assess their efficiency and effectiveness.
- To review the lessons learned from peer reviews and advisory services and to provide recommendations for improvement.
The PRASC is a standing committee which meets once every quarter and more frequently if necessary. The PRASC is comprised of the Directors from NSNI, NSRW, NSNS, NSOC and Head of Incident and Emergency Centre. Participation at the PRASC may not be generically delegated. The DDG-NS chairs the meetings and DIR-NSOC provides the secretariat for the PRASC. The PRASC may invite observers on standing or ad-hoc basis from other departments of the Agency as determined by them. The PRASC may designate working groups to be formed for specific purposes or seek input from already existing working groups. Once of these working groups, the PRASC Task Force normally meets every two weeks to drive forward and oversee the work directed by the PRASC. The PRASC may invite, as appropriate, other staff members (e.g. Technical Officers, mission Coordinators and Directors from other Departments) to attend PRASC meetings. Decisions are taken by consensus.